locked Re: Special Handling of Image Attachments

Laurence Taylor

Nightowl >8# <featheredleader@att.net> wrote:

As John is explaining, I wanted to put a picture of our new car in
Hollow Tree. Since most of my friends use e-mail and not the interface,
I wanted to post the photo inline, not as an attachment.
Unless the picture is extracted from a web site somewhere, it will still
have to be attached to the email.

As I understand it (which could be wrong), an "inline" image needs to be in
an HTML message because it depends on HTML code to decode it and put it in
the right place. (And in some cases text readers won't show it at all
because the message headers are such that the email client doesn't realise
the attachment is there.)

--
rgds
LAurence