locked Re: Special Handling of Image Attachments #suggestion

Nightowl >8#

Mark,

As John is explaining, I wanted to put a picture of our new car in Hollow Tree. Since most of my friends use e-mail and not the interface, I wanted to post the photo inline, not as an attachment.

I first tried to do it in Shal's Test, but I didn't know what to do. So I went in GMF and asked them. Then, after others put photos in and showed me how, I tried it in there, and after I changed my posting setting to HTML instead of plain text, it seemed to work in there.

So then I tried to put it in Hollow Tree, and it didn't work. I tried editing and doing it again, and it didn't work. Instead of annoying my friends (although some of them are wanting to see the car),  I went in Shal's Test and tried changing settings because John wondered if I needed to allow attachments.

I finally got the photo to show up in Shal's Test, but I don't know if anyone saw it in their e-mail because people can't reply in Shal's test.

But John has a good idea, for image or inline allowance in a group that strips attachments.

Also, does the mail client strip things too? The two tests Shal did with an inline photo gave me a broken image link in my e-mail.

I'm confused, I don't know how to assure that it will work in Hollow Tree, and I don't want to try again until I know.

Can anyone in here help?

Brenda