locked Re: Applying names to members in the main group- carryover to subgroups.

ro-esp

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 04:59 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:

If a member doesn't have Display Name set, a moderator can set it for a
specific group. But as Mike points out, this does not apply to any
subgroups, so you'd have to go in and manually add that name each time a
member joins (or is added) to a subgroup.

This seems like a straightforward change. If a member doesn't have a
Display Name set for themselves, but the moderator has set their display
name on the main group subscription, carry that over when the member is
subscribed to a subgroup. Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense to me. I don't use subgroups myself yet, but I can't imagine why someone would want to use a displayname in a subgroup that's different from the one in the main group.
groetjes, Ronaldo