locked Transfer of Large List

Sharon Villines

Is IO ready for transferring a new list. We have 3,000 members and a few hundred messages a month. Sometimes close to a thousand when there is a hot topic. It’s neighborhood list — crime, nannies, medical referrals, house maintenance and rehab, politics, etc.

I don’t have a sense of how far along you are in development or how long you have been hosting groups.

And how flawless the transfer is. We have about 8 years of archived messages and very few files, if any. We don’t use the Yahoo features because members have never setup yahoo accounts so they could access them. And now Yahoo is requiring phone numbers so people won’t do that.

We are a plain text list and have no idea how much storage space we use. Yahoo used to give those figures but no longer do.

Sharon, Owner and Moderator
----
TakomaDC@...

Where Everyone Trims Their Tails,
Smothers Flames, Ignores Trolls, and
Never Sends Private Messages to the List.