locked Re: FBL turned on for aol.com members

Mark,

Please let me know if you hear from members who have been unsubscribed
this way who claim they have not marked any messages as spam. One
question to ask them is to look in their spam folders to see if any
messages from us are in there inadvertently. Also, I'm open to
suggestions for ways to improve this system.
I haven't heard from any, and haven't seen the "Dear John" message you send them, but if it doesn't I think it should make very clear that your action was taken at AOL's request - that AOL told Groups.io that he/she (the unsubscribed person) had marked group messages as spam.

You could elaborate a bit further and suggest that if they find this happening repeatedly that they should contact AOL about the how and why of these reports.

-- Shal