locked Re: Gaps in message numbering

Sharon Villines

On Aug 19, 2016, at 1:28 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

I've been contemplating getting rid of placeholder messages. I'm not sure how much they benefit us when threading messages, especially since I added code that matches subject lines last year. But I have not had a chance to look at it more in depth.
I’m a newbie to groups.io considering moving a 3,000 member list plus archives to groups.io.

Just thinking about placeholder messages makes me queasy. People want to see their messages posted as soon as they send them. If the subject matches something else, fine. But there is no expectation of them matching anything. It would just delay posting.

Sharon.
----
TakomaDC@...

Where Everyone Trims Their Tails,
Smothers Flames, Ignores Trolls, and
Never Sends Private Messages to the List.