locked Re: FBL turned on for aol.com members

Agree, Jim. AOL is an anachronism and so is EarthLink. I'd be happy if they both just went away.;)

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 19, 2016, at 10:38 AM, Jim Poston <poston@vch-nv.us> wrote:

On 19 Aug 2016 at 10:16, J_catlady wrote:

I have started to advise my group members not to use an AOL address for
Groups.io groups.
Good advice, in general.

AOL was usefully for non-tech savvy folks to get online in the 80s. Now it
duplicates efforts of many other companies w/o additional benefits. It's
overzealous in "protecting" customers and is unresponsive on false
positives.

OTOH, those policies might become even more pervasive when Verizon
takes over Yahoo too.

--
Jim
Poston@vch-nv.us

<< He's not a dog! He's a 'Canine-American!' >>