From: Feathered Leader [mailto:featheredleader@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:24 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Re: Special messages

Marlin wrote:>>For the life of me, I still cannot figure out why a group owner would be concerned if a member is on "no mail". I would vote for making it not possible for an owner to even know if a member is on no mail, I cannot figure out why it is any of the owner's business.<<

The owner always knows the methods chosen by the members, because it all appears in the membership list for the owners. But that's not the point here.

The issue being discussed was about someone being on No Mail and the owner maybe needing to contact them, so I simply suggested that if they didn't want to get mail at the e-mail they subscribe with, they can make sure the owner has one they can be reached at if needed.

As for why an owner might need to contact a member in the group? I could give you a long list of reasons but I don't have all night. ;)

But one reason in NEO was Yahoo kept resetting people's settings, and people who weren't wanting NO MAIL were set to it, and only the owner was able to change their settings back to what they wanted.

Brenda