locked Re: Change presentation for Subgroups #suggestion

Maria

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:03 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
Understood, and I agree.

I'm not sure I would go as far as Brian's sample screen shot, which looks to me like having the subgroups listed at the top of the Topics View page, but having them be more discoverable and convenient than just on the Home page seems like a good idea to me.

I am not keen on the example Brian offered either. I don't like the idea of the main group design/interface being altered and I find the example provided unattractive. In my view, all we need is a menu item for subgroups. You can already see all the recent messages for any subgroup you are actually in in "ALL MESSAGES, right?. So no need in my opinion to disturb the group "messages" lay-out as we'd be duplicating to a certain extent "all messages".

I also don't think the landing page needs to change. One see's all the groups one is in, in the "your groups" area. Then you select which one to go to.

To me, it's more an issue of making the list of sub-groups not be on the homepage of the main group but as a separate area a member can explore and easily remember how to find so that he/she joins a sub-group that's more relevant or useful for the needed purpose.

Maria