locked Re: Change presentation for Subgroups #suggestion

Maria

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 05:48 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
As Brian mentioned there may be subgroups that ought not be listed there (or on the home page). To this end each subgroup has a Privacy setting that controls whether or not it is listed in the parent group.

By "all available" I mean, any that are available / visible to members of the parent group but that may be sub-groups that only those approved may post to.

My main concern is making sure that a newbie can easily see which sub-groups are offered and then apply to join those that are relevant. At the moment the only way is to view the sub-group listing on the home page of the parent group. When you have many sub-groups, listing them on the homepage is not efficient and also not attractive as it makes that homepage drag on too long. Which is why I'd rather see a subgroup listing/directory within the group as a menu item.

Especially if the homepage isn't really the landing spot because we go straight to messages.

Maria