locked Re: Link Color Change (Status Change) when new messages have been added to an existing topic

Brian,

It's never worked like that. For the link color to change when new messages are added to a thread, the URL would have to change, and that hasn't been the case.

Using visited link coloring for this is problematic for us. It also doesn't work when you view individual messages and then go back to the Messages view, because the URLs (unfortunately necessarily) have to be different.

The solution to this is for us to keep track of what you've read and what you haven't. Which is on the TODO list but is a big amount of work. Or alternatively use a simple algorithm like "if a thread has new messages in the last 24 hours..." but I think that would be unsatisfactory to most people.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Hello All,

          I could swear that the link for a given thread used to turn from "the visited color" back to "the unvisited color" as new messages got tacked on to an existing thread as well as the message count being incremented.  On my system unvisited links are blue and visited ones are gray for Groups.io.

          That color change as new posts come in is no longer happening, and I could be completely mistaken that it did, but would like confirmation of whether it ever did or has always been this way.

           If that's switched I'd consider it a bug, but some might consider it a feature.  If it hasn't switched then carry on.

--
Brian