locked Re: Moderated help group - GMF (was Changes to beta@ to reduce traffic)

On 27 Jul 2016 at 10:18, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 08:58 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:

General questions should be redirected to the good folks at Group
Managers Forum.
I have one other thought here. I think that if GMF is to be a
Groups.io-sanctioned help forum, it should not be moderated. I also
think that the moderators should be chosen or approved. by
Groups.io.
I am not on GMF and haven't read the archives, but I trust Shal's
judgement in running that group and have no issues with him running a
group that is sanctioned by us.

I agree. If there's anyone that can be trusted to run a group fairly, it would
be Shal.

It seems the issue is a philosophical difference about whether a group
should be moderated at all. I fully moderate all my groups because of the
extreme scarcity of people who can quote properly. I don't believe group
members have a basic right not to be moderated.

--
Jim
Poston@vch-nv.us

<< And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes >>