locked Re: Changes to beta@ to reduce traffic

J, Brian,

Excellent point. I've changed the wording of the group description and welcome message to include:

For general Groups.io questions, please see the groups Group Managers Forum and the Group_Help group. Note: these groups are volunteer-led and are not officially run by Groups.io.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I have to second J's concerns here.   From the perspective of a vendor-customer relationship, which Groups.io maintains with users, it is critical that they understand the difference between "turning to the community of users" for help versus employing the vendor's official communication mechanisms.

Believe it or not, I think that Microsoft has done a good job in how they've clearly identified the difference between their official support channels and the extensive assistance available through their user community forums.

--
Brian