locked Re: Changes to beta@ to reduce traffic

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 08:58 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
General questions should be redirected to the good folks at Group Managers Forum.

I have one other thought here. I think that if GMF is to be a Groups.io-sanctioned help forum, it should not be moderated. I also think that the moderators should be chosen or approved. by Groups.io.

I am not on GMF and haven't read the archives, but I trust Shal's judgement in running that group and have no issues with him running a group that is sanctioned by us.

You do bring up a good point, tho. I'm happy to point to other groups as well, and in fact just changed the group description and welcome message to also point to Group_Help (https://groups.io/g/group_help). If there are other groups, please let me know and I'll add pointers to them as well. Or if you have suggestions for how to word things, that would also be appreciated.