locked Re: Threads -> Topics?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 09:57 am, HR Tech wrote:
last thought: also, if groups.io plans to have additional search features such as : suggested topics, or popular topics, or most active topics etc..you'd need to use the word "topic" as the word "thread" there in that context would feel too technical.

And you've just hit upon something someone I once knew on a forum expressed as, "Context, Context, Context!!"

It's critical, and people should be able to fluidly context switch, and have for a very long time.  I've also seen the phrase, "Recent Discussions," used, which employs neither "thread" nor "topic," but it's abundantly clear to the users of the forums that employ that phrasing what's being identified by it.

--
Brian