locked Re: New Subscription Options

Mark,

Does that make sense? If it does, then I think the current newsubpage
makes sense? Too complicated?
Oh, I see what's missing. In my "precedence" proposal (as opposed to your "exclude/include mode proposal") the description of Following Only - "Every message in threads or hashtags you are following is emailed to you" also needs the phrase ", except threads you've muted."

In other words, I think my proposal is simple to understand, use and implement:

1) Following a thread means its messages always appear in your email. Muting a thread means its messages never appear in your email.

2) Following a hashtag means its messages always appear in your email, unless excluded by (1). Muting a hashtag means its messages never appear in your email, unless included by (1).

3) All messages not excluded by rules (1) and (2) appear in your email if you've selected All Messages. Otherwise only rules (1) and (2) apply.

-- Shal