locked Re: formatting bar disappears in some cases when editing a post #bug

Shal,

I'm not so sure about that. I replied to Brenda's message. My reply seemed fine. But when I tried to edit it, I found that I couldn't, because it was in plain text format simply because Brenda's was. I discovered this fact only upon trying to edit it, because of the missing formatting options. I use the formatting options in editing so that I can highlight my changes. I rarely use them in composing messages. So I don't think the editing process caused my reply to become plain text. The editing process just allowed me to discover that it was.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2016, at 11:41 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

Brenda,

> Does that mean that if I am trying to
> reply to a message and it's HTML that's
> what my formatting box would be?

No. This has only to do with editing an existing message (or wiki page). Replies are new messages and should follow the format you selected.

Shal

It's dumb to buy smart water.