locked Re: formatting bar disappears in some cases when editing a post #bug

Mark,

Should we convert plain text messages to HTML when editing them?
No.

... Doing so would screw up the message history, so that you (probably)
couldn't see what had changed with the edit. But not doing so leads to
confusion as you saw.
There should be an indication somewhere that the message format is plain or HTML.

One could debate how useful it would be to have a control to change the message format, but only if whatever problems with the message history can be worked around. I note that one cannot change the format of a Wiki page after it is created either - probably for much the same reason. If you fix one, fix them both.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum