locked Re: formatting bar disappears in some cases when editing a post #bug

Nightowl >8#

Mark Fletcher wrote:>>Should we convert plain text messages to HTML when editing them? I don't know what the right answer to that is. Doing so would screw up the message history, so that you (probably) couldn't see what had changed with the edit.<<

NO. I don't use HTML and wouldn't want it to change on me because I edit something. That would be annoying and confusing for me.

I suggest a toggle button like we had before, where people can change from plain text to HTML or Markdown. Shal mentioned wanting that back too.

Brenda