locked Re: "all posts by this member" ordered by "relevance" #bug

It defaults to relevance if relevance was the last search. If it gets put back and there is no search term this would have to be 'forgotten.'

I don't like it, but I've never liked the relevance function. Whatever it is, it seems not to reflect true 'relevance,' including even whether or not the term matches exactly - which would (naively) seem to merit the most weight for relevance but does not seem to weighted or even recognized by the function, at least according to the few times I've used it.

In fact, I would add to the list of 'bad search experiences' a faulty or weak relevance function. If it's improved, then I'd agree with restoring it in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2016, at 9:41 PM, Shal Farley <@Shal> wrote:

Mark,

All posts by this member is implemented as a search filter. Which means
you can then include a search term with it and search within all posts
by the member.

I've removed the Relevance sort and Collapse Threads option for now. But
you can definitely make the argument that they should be there when
adding a search term.
I'd put both back, for that reason.

Arguably you could disable ("grey out") Relevance if the user hasn't added a search term to the filter.

A reasonable expectation for Collapse Threads is that it would list all threads which contain at least one message by that member. In some cases that will be both more useful (because it is more concise) than the list of messages.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

It's dumb to buy smart water.