locked Re: Date/Time on messages #suggestion

I originally went with the 'N minutes ago' displays for a couple of reasons. A lot of people like that style, and it didn't require us to know what timezone you were in. And we didn't have a timezone setting before the calendar was added.

As part of the profile addition for specifying the format of dates, I'll look at adding an option to not display things as 'N minutes ago'.

I'm not sure when I'll get to the date changes. I want to get the easy Yahoo group transfer stuff done first and finalize any changes to the subscription page.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On a Calendar event, it already corrects the original time to local (if set correctly), so that won't be a problem.  Having the same (corrected) time would work fine for me on posts.  If a meeting/whatever were being setup by post, mentioning the time zone would be up to the poster and a good practice to get into.