locked Re: Email address hide-n-seek

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:55 pm, Nightowl wrote:
However, the one I use on here on that domain, has shown up in exactly the
manner that Shal explained...being used as part of a quoted passage on
groups.io. NO WHERE ELSE.
Looking up Nightowl's email address on Google, I see the results are from the old View Source links. Those are gone now for arbitrary users, and they'll probably disappear from Google eventually, too. Even though there's a "fig leaf" in the quote, it's a MIME multipart quote, and in the HTML portion, the email address does *not* have its domain replaced by an ellipsis, which is how it shows up in search results.

JohnF