locked Re: Features Request - "Report" feature and "Ignore user" feature #suggestion

There's also the visibility issue. On some forums blocking a member makes your profile  invisible to them without making their profile invisible to you. On other forums it does both, which makes things really complicated in some situations.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2016, at 9:36 AM, HR Tech via Groups.io <m.conway11@...> wrote:

I think the suggestion to add a "report" was included with the recent discussion of reply options and the more menu.

The suggestion to mute a user is already on the trello list. See message #7249.

I've been on forums where you can mute users and see the advantage.

I would prefer however, if when this is considered further, if it were an option for a group admin to opt in/out of. I'd opt out for our groups.

I have seen confusion arise from this feature in web forums. When someone has put someone else on mute, yet participates in a thread where that person does too, and then the replies start not making sense and it becomes obvious to everyone who has put who on mute - and instead of being a helpful tool, it ends up being used as a weapon of sorts.

So, great for some forums/groups - not great for others.

Maria

It's dumb to buy smart water.