locked Re: Reminder for "Following Only" Digest/Email Recipients that there are more/new topics?

ro-esp

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 05:47 am, HR Tech wrote:

Maybe if the digest is for someone who is "following only" or similar, it
could say:

"This is a digest for xxx @groups.io. There are xxx new topics in your group.
Follow New Threads and Hashtags, Change Your Subscription"
I don't think anyone cares to be told how many new threads there are. You'd want to be notified about their *subjectlines*

(where "follow new threads/hashtags" would link to "all messages" and "new" refers to in past 24 hours")
It should have clickable links to the threads you want rather than to "all messages".

As to the "24 hours".. not everybody gets their digest daily. I'm thinking the list should include the new topics since the previous digest (maybe even those since the digest before that), or after 3.5 or 4 days. Whichever comes first.

or in an individual email:

"You are following this thread/hashtag on xxx @ groups.io. Change Your
Subscription, Follow New Threads and Hashtags."
I think people who choose a digest don't want extra individual mails. I think the list of new topics should be included in the digest one gets anyway, or separately after 3.5 or 4 days of not getting any digests at all.

it sounds like a lot of programming to me, but do you understand where I'm coming from?

groetjes, Ronaldo

Or maybe there can be a section at the bottom of the messages followed - but
before the footer - that lists linkified titles only of all new topics in the
past 24 hours. A "More recent topics: Please click here to follow them"
section that brings you to the "all messages" section where you can read
and/or start to follow them.

Maria