locked Re: New test/mobile version

Here's a little thing to complain about: entering only part of a word brings up no results. For example, if there are messages with the term "supercalafragilistic," that word works fine as a search term. But "supercala" brings up nothing. Etc. I tried this for a bunch of words - "messa" instead of "message," "wate" instead of "water," etc.

I think this is wrong (and my guess is that it's a simple implementation bug).

If intentional policy and not a simple glitch, I think requiring whole words in order to register a match is especially contradictory or inconsistent, in light of the policy of returning highly approximate (rather than just exact) matches in general.

I think both should be eliminated/fixed.

It's dumb to buy smart water.