locked Re: Feedback on New Desktop Version:

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I just noticed what I think is a bug with regard to date/time display.  In my Profile I have set my Time Display to "Absolute" which shows, as its example, "Jan 13, 2016, 4:47pm".  This is actually what I wanted, a full date-time stamp.

I'm not getting "relative" results, but partial absolute.  For things from today the threads show the time of last post added, which is fine because I get that today is implied, but for anything older all that's showing is month and day.

For awhile I've been moving towards the shorter display that you're seeing and ignoring the user preference. It's not everywhere yet, but that's the direction. This type of display is more consistent with other sites and is easier to deal with on mobile (because's it's shorter). You can still see the absolute date/time by hovering over.