Special Notice clarification

Duane

Hello NIna,

You're probably on top of this already, but just to be sure, I'll post it here.  Per the discussion in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/91837394, it would be a good idea to clarify, where appropriate, that Special Notices are sent immediately (as well as in digest or summary, if chosen.)

An additional clarification on Special notices.  In section 15.2 of the Owners Manual, the explanation for "Sending messages as special notices" might be better reworded from "message in the topic and all replies, are sent as special notices." to "message in the topic and all replies by mod/owners, are sent as special notices."

I strongly second this and would go so far as to call the lapse of that major qualification in the current first sentence an error. It's the reason I have avoided using this feature.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 10:09 AM, Janet_Catlady wrote:
this
referring to Duane's suggestion to change "all replies" to "all replies by moderators" in the documentation on Special hashtags.

Nina E

>> it would be a good idea to clarify, where appropriate, that Special Notices are sent immediately (as well as in digest or summary, if chosen.) <<

>> In section 15.2 of the Owners Manual, the explanation for "Sending messages as special notices" might be better reworded from "message in the topic and all replies, are sent as special notices." to "message in the topic and all replies by mod/owners, are sent as special notices." <<

Done as of the July 29, 2022 update of the Owners Manual and the Members Manual. Thank you for the feedback.

- Nina

(Apologies for the delay in response. I was away on vacation for the past few weeks.)