Send Confirmation Email button not found #bug

Jim Wilson

Per the Owners Manual at https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/managing-members/handling-members-marked-as-not-confirmed?single=true

Members who have not yet responded to the confirmation email message sent by Groups.io are marked with a Not Confirmed  badge in the member list.

In Premium or Enterprise groups, moderators can confirm members directly. That feature is not available in Basic groups. In a Basic group, you can send another confirmation email message to a Not Confirmed member and hope that they respond to it:

  1. Display the member list.
  2. Click in the row of the member who has a Not Confirmed badge to display that member’s individual page.
  3. Go to the bottom of that page and click the Send Confirmation Email button.

As owner of a Premium group, I seem to recall the "✔ Confirm" button merely confirms the user manually.

Even if I choose "Send Message," I do not see a "Send Confirmation Email" button or option for a pending subscriber anywhere:

Nor do I see the option for two existing members who apparently were never "confirmed" previously:

Is this a bug? Or, if I choose "Send Message" to request their reply and they actually reply to that message, will the  then be cleared?

--
Jim

Duane

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 12:24 PM, Jim Wilson wrote:
Is this a bug? Or, if I choose "Send Message" to request their reply and they actually reply to that message, will the  then be cleared?
There are two ways to clear the badge - you confirm for them or they do it themselves.  If they go to the web site, there will be a notice that they haven't confirmed and will have the opportunity to send themselves another email they can reply to.  You can click Confirm in their member record.  I believe they will also be confirmed if a membership request is approved for a Restricted, Premium group.  In that case they've likely 'proven' themselves, probably by answering a Pending Subscription notice.  I don't really see a need for a Premium group to have the "Send Confirmation Email" button, so there's no mention of it for Premium/Enterprise groups.  The manual says "In a Basic group, you can send another confirmation email message to a Not Confirmed member and hope that they respond to it."

Duane

Mark Murphy

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 02:32 PM, Duane wrote:
I don't really see a need for a Premium group to have the "Send Confirmation Email" button, so there's no mention of it for Premium/Enterprise groups.
I would like to have this button for my Premium group. I don't want to confirm for them or have them do it themselves. They have not responded to the first confirmation request, and I want to ask them one more time.

Thank you.

Duane

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 08:38 AM, Mark Murphy wrote:
I don't want to confirm for them or have them do it themselves. They have not responded to the first confirmation request, and I want to ask them one more time.
But sending them another email would be requiring them to do it themselves.  I'm not understanding what you want, nor why.

Duane

Mark Murphy

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 09:57 AM, Duane wrote:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 08:38 AM, Mark Murphy wrote:
I don't want to confirm for them or have them do it themselves. They have not responded to the first confirmation request, and I want to ask them one more time.
But sending them another email would be requiring them to do it themselves.  I'm not understanding what you want, nor why.
Sorry Duane, I did not make that clear. I really only want to do only one thing: send them another confirmation request. I understand any response would be "requiring them to do it themselves."

Why: I want to send them one more confirmation request, as they did not respond to the first.

Thank you.

Mark

Nina E

> I would like to have this button for my Premium group.

You should post this request in the beta group because it pertains to the features of Groups.io.

- Nina

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:59 AM Nina E <nina.eppes@...> wrote:

> I would like to have this button for my Premium group.

You should post this request in the beta group because it pertains to the features of Groups.io.

This is my fault. I asked him to post to docs.

Consider the suggestion registered, no need to post on beta.

Thanks,
Mark