Responding to an invitation to join a group but no Groups.io account #suggestion

Frances

Hi Nina,

I think that a couple edits about responding to an invitation would be useful.

Responding to an invitation to join a group
On this page - https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/joining-groups/responding-to-an-invitation-to-join-a

Add a final bullet to say: If you do not already have a Groups.io account, you will receive an email from Groups.io asking you to confirm your subscription.

And:

It lists everything except what happens if you are responding to an invitation.

You do not have a Groups.io account, and you click a Join This Group button on a group’s website.
ADD: You do not have a Groups.io account and you accept an invitation to join a group.

By the very specificity of the rest of the list, not having the Invite one on suggests that this doesn't happen for an invitation. And of course, it does!

Frances

Nina E

Hi, Frances. In Joining groups > Responding to an invitation to join a group, I added a note about receiving a “Confirm your subscription” email if you do not already have a Groups.io account, and in Joining groups > Responding to a “Confirm your subscription” message from Groups.io, I added a bullet about not having a Groups.io account when accepting an invitation to join a group.

Thank you for the feedback!

- Nina