Required hashtags by emails

Frances

This was new to me and I couldn't see anything in the help. There are so many people who just use mail for posting. Someone who was asking on GMF found out this by testing.

If a member composes a post in email for a group that requires at least one hashtag on a post, the member can send it without one of the preset hashtags. And the system sends a note right back enclosing the hashtag menu and prompting a pick.

This is a handy for people who aren't as adept!

Happy holidays!

Frances

Frances

Sorry, should have done this first.

You do have to log in to the group to follow through.

So there will need to be a hyperlink to the section on logging in.

Thanks.

Frances

Nina E

In the Members Manual, the Understanding and using hashtags > Applying hashtags to topics section now contains information about emailing new topics to groups that require hashtags. Be aware that since you posted this suggestion, Mark changed how the system handles emails without hashtags that are sent to groups requiring hashtags (see the CHANGE item in the list in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27705), so the documentation reflects the current state.

Thank you for the suggestion!

- Nina