Topics

Posting rate limit

Bruce Bowman

There is a hard rate limit per account of not more than 40 message posts in 30 minutes. https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/8326

I was unable to find this in the new help center.

FYI,
Bruce

John Pearce

Interesting, I didn't know about this.  Can you tell us what happens?  Are the posts returned to sender explaining why?  Just tossed in the bit bucket?

Thanks

John

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:10 AM John Pearce <jponsalt@...> wrote:
Interesting, I didn't know about this.  Can you tell us what happens?  Are the posts returned to sender explaining why?  Just tossed in the bit bucket?

They are bounced back with the following message:

"We have received more than 40 messages in 30 minutes from you. To guard against autoresponder mail loops, we must reject additional messages from you temporarily. Please try again later."

Mark

Nina E

The posting rate limit was added to the Members Manual in the May 22 release. (Apologies for not replying about it sooner.)

Thanks for the feedback!

- Nina

ro-esp

The size limit for an individual email message is 100MB.
Seems like an awful lot to me, but then I barely use attachments

If you send 40 or more messages with 30 minutes to the same group from the same email address.
Can someone change that to "If you send 40 or more messages *within* 30 minutes"?

groetjes, Ronaldo

Nina E

If you send 40 or more messages with 30 minutes to the same group from the same email address.
Can someone change that to "If you send 40 or more messages *within* 30 minutes"?
This is corrected in the June 12 release of the Members Manual. Good catch, Ronaldo - thank you!

- Nina