Populating Display Name

Bruce Bowman

Nina -- Display Name discussion is kinda scattered throughout the help. This leaves some folks unclear on how this field is populated. In particular, there is no mention anywhere that this field can be auto-populated based on content of an incoming message header.  See https://groups.io/g/Group_Help/message/1432

Regards,
Bruce

Nina E

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I added a topic to the Owners Manual, under Managing members, about adding or updating display names. In the Members Manual, I beefed up the information about the Display Name field in Customizing your Groups.io account profile and individual group profiles (under Setting account preferences and viewing account information).

- Nina