Owners Manual #suggestion

Hope you're enjoying your travels.  When you get back (and have recovered ;>), I have a couple of additions that may be useful.

1.  I don't see an explanation/example of the Moderator Edited badge on the Pending Messages page.  This only shows up if a moderator edits a message and Saves without approving.  In this situation, there's also an Undo button added to the status line next to the badges.  Probably best added to the section on "Handling pending messages" of the manual.

2.  The addition of an explanation of the "User status" in the "Downloading your group’s member list" as noted in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30121

Chris Jones

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 02:28 PM, Duane wrote:
The addition of an explanation of the "User status" in the "Downloading your group’s member list" as noted in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30121
However... if Mark sets a User Status to Inactive there is no corresponding badge in the Members List; the only way an owner / moderator could check this status is by downloading the Member List and examining it. I suggest a badge should be added to cover this status.

In addition there is nothing in either Manual about Banned by System and IMHO there really ought to be.

I am unclear about the difference in purpose for setting a User Status to Inactive and a system - instigated Ban, given that their effects are not greatly different. Can this be clarified in any way?

Chris

Duane

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:04 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
I am unclear about the difference in purpose for setting a User Status to Inactive and a system - instigated Ban
To be honest, I think they're the same thing, based on Mark's comments in various topics.  Also, based on the fact that system-banned members are removed from all groups, along with the change he made in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30096,  I don't believe we'll ever see a member record set to 2 (inactive).  In addition, although Mark's comment said "permanently disabled by me", we've seen that's not necessarily so in another topic, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30103.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 09:28 AM, Duane wrote:
Hi Nina,

Hope you're enjoying your travels.  When you get back (and have recovered ;>), I have a couple of additions that may be useful.

1.  I don't see an explanation/example of the Moderator Edited badge on the Pending Messages page.  This only shows up if a moderator edits a message and Saves without approving.  In this situation, there's also an Undo button added to the status line next to the badges.  Probably best added to the section on "Handling pending messages" of the manual.

2.  The addition of an explanation of the "User status" in the "Downloading your group’s member list" as noted in https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30121

I had a great trip, thanks!

The Moderator Edited badge is now documented in the Owners Manual and Members Manual (under Additional information > Member badges and topic icons > Topic icons). While I was at it, I added the Claimed by badge, which I suddenly realized was not included in the list (I also added that badge to the list of member badges because it can show up for pending members).

I'll work on documenting the Undo button and the User status column in downloaded member lists for a future doc release. I didn't have time to get to those this week.

Thank you for the suggestions.

- Nina