Topics

Owners and Moderators Reference - Review Comments

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

on my first quick scan I can see:

  • There are lots of hyperlinks that point to a Google Drive account. Is it really the intention to force readers to use a cloud storage solution to get extra info?
  • On p12 (Adobe reader page number) - remove mailto: link from +owner example
  • The limited number of graphics look fuzzy. For more visually oriented people, more higher resolution graphics would help.

Regards,
Andy

Andy Wedge

In addition:

  • At the top of p22 (Adobe reader page number) - the text Viewing and managing your group’s storage space is underlined and coloured as though it's a link but it doesn't point anywhere
  • Also on p22, the bullet point spacing for the notes in the Message Footer section are not consistent with those on the previous and following pages
Andy

Bill Hazel

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 10:32 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
There are lots of hyperlinks that point to a Google Drive account. Is it really the intention to force readers to use a cloud storage solution to get extra info?
I only noticed the Glossary file link mentioned in my post.
I understand that these files might not be ready for prime-time but if not, maybe they should all be uploaded to the files section here and linked to. If they also need possible tweaking you already have volunteers - anyone part of this group - who have already signed up.

Bill

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Bill Hazel wrote:
I only noticed the Glossary file link mentioned in my post.
There are quite a few on p17 (Adobe reader page number) under the Member Directory Visibility heading and others through the document.

I understand that these files might not be ready for prime-time but if not, maybe they should all be uploaded to the files section here and linked to. If they also need possible tweaking you already have volunteers - anyone part of this group - who have already signed up.
Yes, a good idea.

Andy

Andy,

* Also on p22, the bullet point spacing for the notes in the Message
Footer section are not consistent with those on the previous and
following pages
That one I count as a good thing. In a way it is a different kind of list as its elements are short phrases, not paragraphs. There are more examples of this sort of thing.

BTW, it took me a while to figure out the Adobe page numbers (I was reviewing a printed copy). They are ten higher the document page numbers owing to the TOC and other content prior to page 1.

Shal