Owner manual Extra Member Data clarifications #suggestion

Hi Nina,

There's a couple of items regarding Extra Member Data in the owner's manual.

First, in the Setting default email options and user settings for group members section, the second note says:

(Premium and Enterprise groups only) In the Extra Member Data panel: You can add custom fields to be displayed in the member list and, optionally, on members’ profile pages.
Note: This panel does not appear in subgroups.

The bolded part is no longer true as EMD can now be set in subgroups.

In the Extra Member Data panel (Premium and Enterprise only) section, there is no mention of where this EMD panel is located or how to get there, see the beta message which brought this up.

Cheers,
Christos

Nina E

Hi, Christos. I updated the Extra Member Data panel info to reflect that the panel now is available in subgroups. And in the Extra Member Data panel (Premium and Enterprise only) topic, I added the path for displaying that panel. I hope that will help. (I did the same in the topics for the other settings, for consistency.)

Thanks!

I really like the Location: <path> style like this right under the section header, I think it should become a standard to all (applicable) sections, not just the settings part, like what we're doing on the site pages with the location/path breadcrumb bar.  Being right up there lets the user know right away where this bit is located before they start reading the rest of the help text.

Cheers,
Christos

On 2022-11-11 13:06, Nina E via groups.io wrote:

Hi, Christos. I updated the Extra Member Data panel info to reflect that the panel now is available in subgroups. And in the Extra Member Data panel (Premium and Enterprise only) topic, I added the path for displaying that panel. I hope that will help. (I did the same in the topics for the other settings, for consistency.)

Thanks!

- Nina