Topics

Member Manual Suggestions - June 5, 2020

Duane

PDF references

3.2
item 3, add
Note: If you've been banned from the group that you wish to join, you will be unable to get to the group home page while logged in.

4.1
in Note, it should say ", you might have a different..." since an alias can be used to send messages to groups once it has been set up as noted in 4.4.2

4.3.2
For clarity, should say "The login is valid for at least 30 days if cookies are retained on that device..."

4.4.2
Note: should say "select Login from the top menu..."

4.5
I believe the "! Important:" should be in red since it's so critical and could have serious repercussions.

add 4.6.1
If the group owner has allowed it, you can download the message archive for the group.  There will be an "Export Group Data" button at the top of any message view page.

5.3
does NOT show what a member will see and could be confusing if they don't read the Note: below the image.  The Approvals needed column is only shown for owner/mods.  Text above the image needs to be changed to reflect this as well ("whether your posts to the groups need approval," should be deleted). See attachment

5.6
Description of Feature "Month..." should say "The default is Month view, but your chosen option will be used for future visits to this page."

8.2
In case it's not on the current list:  As noted by Ronaldo, https://beta.groups.io/g/docs/message/112, the note about message sending limits should say "If you send 40 or more messages within 30 minutes..."

8.3
step 5
Note:  The default reply may be either Group or Sender, depending on the settings the group owner has made.  You can use the appropriate button to choose where to send your reply if the owner hasn't disabled the other option.

13.2
first Tip
Add:  Clicking on the column heading a second time will reverse the sort order.

15.2
first Tip
Add:  Clicking on the column heading a second time will reverse the sort order.

17.3
first Tip
Add:  Clicking on the column heading a second time will reverse the sort order.

17.8
Step 4, first bullet, add
Note: If the Description is too long, some of it won't be visible on the album main page.  Depending on font size, up to about 5 lines will fit.  You should verify that the entire description is visible when creating or modifying an album.

22.2.2
Add
Note:  There is a limit of 2 attachments per message included in the Digest, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25250
(What happens to additional attachments for a message has not been clarified as of 9 June 2020)

Hi, Duane. These items are addressed in the June 12 release of the Members Manual. Regarding a couple of your comments:

> 4.4.2
> Note: should say "select Login from the top menu..."

The reference is actually to the Login item on the left navigation menu when you're on your account page. I clarified the note (I hope :-) ).

> add 4.6.1
> If the group owner has allowed it, you can download the message archive for the group.  There will be an "Export Group Data" button at the top of any message view page.

Because this feature is group specific (not account related per se), I added a new topic, "Downloading a group's message archive," under "Working with group messages" (section 8 in the PDF version).

Thank you once again for your feedback!

- Nina