Topics

manual v1 Group Email Address error

Duane

I haven't had a chance to read much yet, but noticed that on page 2, under Creating a Basic Group, item 5, it says the length of the Group Email Address can be 34 characters.  Per https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/16085 I think that should be 32 characters.

Quick question while I'm here.  Should we report one item per post or is a list acceptable?  I'm not expecting too many errors though! ;>)

I'll probably get to the rest of it in the morning.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 5:20 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

Quick question while I'm here.  Should we report one item per post or is a list acceptable?  I'm not expecting too many errors though! ;>)

I think a list would be fine.

Thanks,
Mark

Nina E

Hi, Duane. I asked Mark about the character limit for the group email address, and he told me 34. :-)

- Nina (the writer)

Duane

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 11:57 AM, Nina E wrote:
I asked Mark about the character limit for the group email address, and he told me 34. :-)
Thank you.  I can't believe Mark made that mistake over 2 years ago and no one caught it. ;>)  I did a quick test and verified that 34 is correct.

Duane

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 11:28 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 11:57 AM, Nina E wrote:
I asked Mark about the character limit for the group email address, and he told me 34. :-)
Thank you.  I can't believe Mark made that mistake over 2 years ago and no one caught it. ;>)  I did a quick test and verified that 34 is correct.

Duane, I've been making mistakes for much longer than two years. :-)

Mark