Make clear that although mods can post to locked topics, their posts are moderated if the topic is *also* marked as moderated

The section on "Locking Topics" reads:

 "Group owners and moderators are able to reply to a locked topic (by email or on the group’s website) without having to unlock the topic first and then relock it after posting their reply."

It would be helpful to add that if the topic is also marked as moderated, those replies go through moderation.

Nina E

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 10:41 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

The section on "Locking Topics" reads:

 "Group owners and moderators are able to reply to a locked topic (by email or on the group’s website) without having to unlock the topic first and then relock it after posting their reply."

It would be helpful to add that if the topic is also marked as moderated, those replies go through moderation.

I added a statement to that effect (replies to locked topics that are also moderated go through moderation) in the Nov. 12, 2021 update of the Owners Manual. Thanks for the feedback!

- Nina

Nina,
However, if you've been reading beta (and I know you have:-), you know that at this point Mark is considering undoing the change that allows mods to reply to locked topics. So this is still a work in progress.....

Indeed! :-)