Topics

Groups.io Members Manual - contradictory text

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

section Joining subgroups (3.6 in the PDF version) states that a subgroup typically contains a subset of the members of the parent (primary) group.  I think the use of the word typically at this point implies that it does always have to be the case. This is then contradicted by the following sentence which states that: for you to be a member of a subgroup, you must first be a member of the parent group (my use of bold).

I think removing the 'and typically' part of the second sentence here would retain the facts and aid clarity.

Regards,
Andy

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:48 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
that it does always
Correcting my own typo  - that it doesn't always

Andy

Nina E

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 05:48 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
section Joining subgroups (3.6 in the PDF version) states that a subgroup typically contains a subset of the members of the parent (primary) group.  I think the use of the word typically at this point implies that it does always have to be the case. This is then contradicted by the following sentence which states that: for you to be a member of a subgroup, you must first be a member of the parent group (my use of bold).

I think removing the 'and typically' part of the second sentence here would retain the facts and aid clarity.

Corrected in the April 17 Help Center update.

- Nina