For the glossary #suggestion

Frances

Hi Nina

Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary? Yesterday, that stymied a member on GMF and others have asked about it.
Thanks!

Frances

Knowledge of the hamburger menu is rare. :-)

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 8:11 PM Frances <frances@...> wrote:

Hi Nina

Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary? Yesterday, that stymied a member on GMF and others have asked about it.
Thanks!

Frances

Nina E

Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary? Yesterday, that stymied a member on GMF and others have asked about it.
Thanks!

Knowledge of the hamburger menu is rare. :-)
GROAN! :-)

I'm on the road for the next few weeks. I'll get to this (and other doc updates) after I get home.

Thanks for the suggestion!

- Nina

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 09:01 PM, Nina E wrote:
I'll get to this (and other doc updates) after I get home.
When you get home, you will have to play catch up. But I'm sure once you get to it, it will be very well-done!

Chris Jones

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 05:01 AM, Nina E wrote:
I'm on the road for the next few weeks.
and possibly sick of the sight of hamburgers by the time you get home...

Chris

Nina E

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 12:08 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
When you get home, you will have to play catch up. But I'm sure once you get to it, it will be very well-done!
Yes, I have a list going. :-) Thank you for the kind words!

Nina E

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 07:04 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 05:01 AM, Nina E wrote:
I'm on the road for the next few weeks.
and possibly sick of the sight of hamburgers by the time you get home...

Hee hee!

Chris Jones

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 04:11 AM, Frances wrote:
Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary? Yesterday, that stymied a member on GMF and others have asked about it.
On a serious note...

Although I could never object to Hamburger being added to the Glossary it is worth noting that the word appears several times in both the Owners and Members Manuals where it is made clear that it is a More function.

I leave people to draw their own conclusions...

Chris

On 6 Aug 2021 at 9:22, Chris Jones via groups.io wrote:

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 04:11 AM, Frances wrote:

Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary? Yesterday, that
stymied a member on GMF and others have asked about it.
On a serious note...

Although I could never object to Hamburger being added to the Glossary it is
worth noting that the word appears several times in both the Owners and Members
Manuals where it is made clear that it is a More function.

I leave people to draw their own conclusions...

Chris
Yes, but unless it's illustrated many people will not know what it looks like.
To most people a hamburger is either someone from Hamburg or some junk food.

Jim

I agree with Jim and Chris:

... it is worth noting that the word appears several times in both
the Owners and Members Manuals where it is made clear that it is a
More function.
Yes, but unless it's illustrated many people will not know what it
looks like.
More is the name of the function, the more menu.

Hamburger menu is the name of the icon, the visual representation. So an image of a hamburger menu icon will be needed to give the reader that "aha" moment.

Shal

Nina E

Can you please add "hamburger menu" to the glossary?

Because "hamburger menu" (or icon or button) is a general term, and I prefer to keep the Groups.io glossary focused on terms that specific to Groups.io, I added links to a definition in Wikipedia to the the "hamburger" references in the Members Manual and Owners Manual.

Thank you for the suggestion.

- Nina