Topics

Email delivery options query

Andy Wedge

Hi,

In the new member's manual, the section regarding email delivery options states:

Special Notices Only

You receive only the messages that moderators have designated as special notices.

No Email

With this setting, you do not receive any group messages by email. You can still access messages and other group features on the group’s website. You might still receive individual notifications from the group (for example, special notices) and system messages from Groups.io.

If you can still receive special notices when you have selected No Email, what purpose does the Special Notices Only setting serve?

I raised this query on GMF and the feedback backed up my own thought that it was an error in the document.

Andy

Duane

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 03:23 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
You receive only the messages that moderators have designated as special notices.
And online, the popup for this says "regardless of their email setting".  This is also stated in the glossary for Special Notice, but there it does state the exception, i.e. No Email selected.

Thanks, Andy and Duane. I corrected the No Email setting documentation for the April 17 Help Center update.

- Nina