From: docs@beta.groups.io <docs@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duane
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:05 AM
To: docs@beta.groups.io
Subject: [docs] Creating Events suggestion

In section 10.3 of the Members Manual, adding events, there needs to be more information about the options included near the bottom.  This suggestion is the result of some confusion (on GMF) about what those items do.  For example:

The "Add Reminder" button will allow you to send a reminder to the group before the event occurs (with the hashtag #cal-reminder.)  Once the button is clicked, several options will appear for you to adjust for how far in advance this will happen.  [Unless/until it's changed (#bug filed on beta), a word of caution may be needed here.  It's currently possible to set a negative time for the reminder, say -5 minutes, so the reminder would be sent 5 minutes after the event starts!]

The checkbox at the bottom for "Send Notice To Group When Event Happens (tagged with #cal-notice)" will cause an email to be sent at the time the event occurs.

Bob Bellizzi

Duane,
Personally, I like the idea of a negative time.  Often, people don't attend a meeting because they are late.  A negative time reminder could nudge them ingto participating.
--
Bob Bellizzi

Duane

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 01:13 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
Personally, I like the idea of a negative time.
Mark has already fixed it so that's not possible - https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27780

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 02:13 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
Personally, I like the idea of a negative time.  Often, people don't attend a meeting because they are late.  A negative time reminder could nudge them into participating.
That would be a suggestion to post in the beta group. Currently, per https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27785 (and now documented in the Members Manual), reminders that are set for less than a minute before an event are ignored.

- Nina