Chat mentions clarification #misc

Andy Wedge

Hi Nina,

I'm just following up on a post in Group_Help. In the Member's Manual section about working with the chat feature, it states:

"When you are entering a chat message, you can type @ to tag group members who have set up a user name in their Groups.io account. (The user name is part of your Groups.io account profile.)"

When you type @ it shows only those members in the current chat rather than any group member.  Maybe the documentation needs clarifying or perhaps this is a bug. Can you check with Mark?  If it's a bug, I'll raise it on Beta.

Thanks
Andy

Nina E

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 04:52 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I'm just following up on a post in Group_Help. In the Member's Manual section about working with the chat feature, it states:

"When you are entering a chat message, you can type @ to tag group members who have set up a user name in their Groups.io account. (The user name is part of your Groups.io account profile.)"

When you type @ it shows only those members in the current chat rather than any group member.  Maybe the documentation needs clarifying or perhaps this is a bug. Can you check with Mark?  If it's a bug, I'll raise it on Beta.
I verified with Mark that it's members in the current chat who can be @mentioned, and I updated the documentation accordingly. Thanks for the feedback.

- Nina