Topics

Additional Owners Manual Suggestions

Duane

Owners Manual Suggestions - 9 October 2020

PDF references

2 item 9
Add Note:  If the group name chosen is in use, you will get an error saying "not available".  If there's a problem, such as illegal characters, it will say "invalid name".

3.5.3
In the Note, change to "...moderator approval unless the hashtag is modified to be Moderated.)"

3.6.13
first Note bullet change to "...is not accessible in new Basic groups (those..."

In 14.1, a note should be made that a hashtag, after the #, cannot be only numbers, though it may contain them. (or Mark needs to fix it ;>)

Found an error in 10.2 (thanks to someone trying to follow the instructions ;>)  The 4 step process doesn't work as the "Send Confirmation Email" is not an option in the Actions menu.  Only the alternate method shown in the Tip is available.

Duane

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 08:33 PM, Duane wrote:
The 4 step process doesn't work as the "Send Confirmation Email" is not an option in the Actions menu.
Good catch, Duane (and Josh). I thought this was the actual process for resending confirmation emails (see https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/31063), or perhaps it may have been at one time. But I may have it all conflated with "Send Bounce Probe."

Regards,
Bruce

Nina E

Thank you for the corrections and suggestions submitted in this topic. I incorporated them in the October 30/31 update. (The PDF is dated October 30 because that's when I submitted the updates to Mark; the HTML pages in the Help Center are dated October 31 because that's when Mark published them.)

- Nina