Max Attachment Size clarification please

Duane

Hello Nina,

We've had some confusion about the way both the Members Manual and Owners Manual describe the Max Attachment Size setting for subscriptions.  Based on our testing, it would appear that if the total size of attachments is over the preferred setting, then all attachments are sent as links.  The confusion came about because some thought that smaller attachments would be sent and only larger ones would be linked (in the same message).  You might want to verify this with Mark in case it's actually a bug.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 06:19 PM, Duane wrote:
We've had some confusion about the way both the Members Manual and Owners Manual describe the Max Attachment Size setting for subscriptions.  Based on our testing, it would appear that if the total size of attachments is over the preferred setting, then all attachments are sent as links.  The confusion came about because some thought that smaller attachments would be sent and only larger ones would be linked (in the same message).  You might want to verify this with Mark in case it's actually a bug.
I verified with Mark that all attachments are sent as links when the total size of all attachments is over the Max Attachment Size setting, and I updated the manuals accordingly. Thanks for the feedback.

- Nina

(Apologies for the delay in response. I was away on vacation for the past few weeks.)