Event information fields for calendar events #suggestion

Nina E

Mark subsequently confirmed that Groups.io actually does create a Google Maps link from the Location field, so I added that info to the table entry for the Event Information panel in the Members Manual. Thanks, Andy!

- Nina

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 10:35 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:18 PM, Nina E wrote:
Mark told me that Groups.io doesn't pass any information to Google Maps from the Location field, so I didn't mention that. (He said he wasn't sure what you were referring to, but it's not anything that Groups.io is doing.)
It creates a link to Google Maps just like it creates a mailto: link for an email address:

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:18 PM, Nina E wrote:
Mark told me that Groups.io doesn't pass any information to Google Maps from the Location field, so I didn't mention that. (He said he wasn't sure what you were referring to, but it's not anything that Groups.io is doing.)
It creates a link to Google Maps just like it creates a mailto: link for an email address:

Regards
Andy

Nina E

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 07:33 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
In the section Adding Calendar Events, the member's manual just say that the event information panel fields are optional. I think it would be helpful to include a note about the fact that Groups.io will pass the Location field contents to Google Maps to show the precise location. It will also create mailto: and tel: links for the email address and phone number fields.  Using these fields wisely can really simplify finding an event location or contacting an event organiser.
I updated the table entry for the Event Information panel fields; however, Mark told me that Groups.io doesn't pass any information to Google Maps from the Location field, so I didn't mention that. (He said he wasn't sure what you were referring to, but it's not anything that Groups.io is doing.)

Thank you for the feedback.

- Nina

(Apologies for the delay in response. I was away on vacation for the past few weeks.)

Andy Wedge

Hi Nina,