Non-functional hyperlinks

Bruce Bowman

Nina -- Interspersed throughout the docs are bulleted lists of hyperlinks that when clicked take you back to the same place. If these hyperlinks aren't going to do anything I'd prefer that they not be clickable.

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 9:22 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Nina -- Interspersed throughout the docs are bulleted lists of hyperlinks that when clicked take you back to the same place. If these hyperlinks aren't going to do anything I'd prefer that they not be clickable.

Is this in the web version or the PDF? If the web version, that may be on me. Please send a pointer to one of these and I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Mark

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 01:17 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Is this in the web version or the PDF? If the web version, that may be on me.
It's the web version.

Please send a pointer to one of these and I'll investigate.
An example is at https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/customizing-group-settings/message-policy-settings...the 14 links in the bulleted list all point to the same place.

Several others exist.

Regards,
Bruce

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 4:41 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Please send a pointer to one of these and I'll investigate.
An example is at https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/customizing-group-settings/message-policy-settings...the 14 links in the bulleted list all point to the same place.

Got it. That's a limitation of the conversion code right now. I'll add it to the TODO list to fix.

Thanks,
Mark

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 04:40 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Got it. That's a limitation of the conversion code right now. I'll add it to the TODO list to fix.
Mark -- Not to be a nag, but...well, I guess I am being a nag.  :-)

Any timeline on fixing these missing anchor tags in the help? It's disconcerting to click on a hyperlink and have it do nothing.

Thanks,
Bruce