Topics

Help Center is complete

Nina E

> Are these going to be Controlled Documents, meaning that any amendments don't just simply "happen" but that they are actively recorded in an Amendments Log, perhaps at the back of the documents?

As of the April 17 release of the Help Center, the Owners Manual, Members Manual, and FAQ each contains a Revision history topic at the end.

- Nina

Chris Jones

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 08:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
The new Help Center is complete and 'live';
...and is a significant improvement over what went before. Many thanks for all the work that has been done in bringing this Help Centre to fruition.

Are these going to be Controlled Documents, meaning that any amendments don't just simply "happen" but that they are actively recorded in an Amendments Log, perhaps at the back of the documents?

I know there is the Update Group but over time trying to correlate what appears in the Manuals with changes recorded in Updates will become more or less impossible.

Chris

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 12:41 PM West Coast Compañeros Staff <westcoastcompaneros@...> wrote:

The PDFs for both the Groups.io Members Manual and the Groups.io Owners Manual are downloaded with the filename index.pdf. I have been renaming them myself as Groups.io_Members_Manual.pdf and Groups.io_Owners_Manual.pdf to avoid confusion. I suggest that the PDFs be renamed to something similar to make it easier to distinguish them when they are downloaded.

Good idea. Done.

Thanks,
Mark

West Coast Compañeros Staff

On 4/8/20 12:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
The new Help Center is complete and 'live'; all links to the old help section now point to the new Help Center. The manuals are all complete.

Please let me know if you see any issues or have suggestions for improvements.

Thanks,
Mark

Congratulations to all those involved in this major accomplishment.

The PDFs for both the Groups.io Members Manual and the Groups.io Owners Manual are downloaded with the filename index.pdf. I have been renaming them myself as Groups.io_Members_Manual.pdf and Groups.io_Owners_Manual.pdf to avoid confusion. I suggest that the PDFs be renamed to something similar to make it easier to distinguish them when they are downloaded.

Also, for the sake of consistency, it would be helpful to use these same names as they are on their respective title pages (Groups.io Members Manual and Groups.io Owners Manual) when referring to them on the Help Center web page.

Robert R.

Hi All,