2-factor authentication #suggestion


Frances
 

Hi

There are warnings in Member Help about 2-factor authentication. 
 
! Important: Once you enable two-factor authentication, you will not be able to log in to Groups.io through a social login (Google or Facebook) or by using the Groups.io function to email you a link to log in.
 
And further down:
Note: If the authentication code is lost (for example, if a device is reset to factory settings), and you no longer have your recovery codes, you will need to contact Groups.io Support to be able to log in.

Now, while we all like to think people check the Help, that's not the reality!
 
I think there should be those same warnings on this page - https://groups.io/account?page=security
 
There is a green button to enable two-factor authentication but I didn't click to see if there are any warning messages there. (I wasn't sure I could cancel it.)

Can these warnings be placed somewhere in that area, somewhere you can easily back out of?

Frances
 


Duane
 

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 10:47 AM, Frances wrote:
There is a green button to enable two-factor authentication but I didn't click to see if there are any warning messages there.
I just checked and it does NOT give you similar warnings when it gives instructions for enabling/validating and asks for the confirmation code.

Duane


 

Hi All,

I've just tweaked the setup2factor page in the Account section so that the warnings match the docs.

Thanks,
Mark


Frances
 

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 01:26 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've just tweaked the setup2factor page in the Account section so that the warnings match the docs.
 
Mark, I don't see any warnings on this page:  https://groups.io/account?page=security
It just says:
Status: Off
Protect your account with an extra level of security.
And a green button labelled "set up two-factor authentication."
And then if I click on that green button, it asks me for my password to enable two-factor authentication.

I don't want to enable it since it seems it may be difficult to back out from.
I don't see any warnings.

I checked the other day and just again now. I still don't see it.

Frances


Duane
 

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 01:47 PM, Frances wrote:
Mark, I don't see any warnings on this page:  https://groups.io/account?page=security
It's on the page after you enter your password, where you'd actually enable 2FA.  (There's also a Cancel button there to back out.)  Red box at the top and both statements included.

Duane


Duane
 

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 01:47 PM, Frances wrote:
And then if I click on that green button, it asks me for my password to enable two-factor authentication.
On the password entry popup, it says "Enable".  To reduce possible confusion and any hesitancy to continue, maybe it should say "Continue" or "Confirm" since the actual enabling isn't done until the next page is completed?

Thanks,
Duane