Email delivery options query

Andy Wedge

Hi,

In the new member's manual, the section regarding email delivery options states:

Special Notices Only

You receive only the messages that moderators have designated as special notices.

No Email

With this setting, you do not receive any group messages by email. You can still access messages and other group features on the group’s website. You might still receive individual notifications from the group (for example, special notices) and system messages from Groups.io.

If you can still receive special notices when you have selected No Email, what purpose does the Special Notices Only setting serve?

I raised this query on GMF and the feedback backed up my own thought that it was an error in the document.

Andy